Nevin Wisnoski is an Associate Attorney in the firm’s litigation practice group, with a focus on Federal Indian and tribal law, commercial disputes, and a variety of tort matters. Prior to joining The Van Winkle Law Firm, Nevin clerked for a boutique Federal Indian law firm in South Florida, working on various federal, state, and tribal matters. These include cases heard in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians Supreme Court, Federal Tax Court, and the Third District Court of Appeal of Florida. Nevin obtained his B.S. in Sport Management from North Carolina State University in 2016 and his J.D. with honors from the University of Miami School of Law in 2019. He is a Asheville native and a graduate of Asheville High School.
Awards & Honors
- CALI Excellence Award, Federal Indian Law
- Concentration in Litigation, University of Miami School of Law
- Deans Merit Scholarship, University of Miami School of Law
- "Legends of Giving” Scholarship, NC State
- University of Miami School of Law
- Cum Laude
- North Carolina State University
- Departmental Honors
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Indian Law Section
- Buncombe County Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
Outside of the office, Nevin loves engaging with the great food and drink scene in Asheville. He loves to cook and makes hot sauces from scratch materials found at weekly farmers markets. Additionally, Nevin worked in recruiting for the NC State Football team while in college and continues to follow ACC college football and basketball closely.
- Favorite Food: Scallops, just about any sort of way!
- Favorite Book: “Kitchen Confidential” by Anthony Bourdain
- Favorite Movie: Goodfellas
- Favorite Asheville Experience: Finding good watering holes and hikes along the Blue Ridge Parkway