Koral F. Alman is a principal in the Van Winkle Law Firm’s Trust, Estates, and Elder Law practice group. Koral’s practice focuses on probate law, trust and estate planning, as well as estate and trust administrations. Koral works closely with clients to determine their specific goals and develop customized plans to meet their unique needs. These plans can range from the creation of simple Wills, Powers of Attorney, Health Care documents, and Revocable Trusts to more complex plans for clients with unique concerns or circumstances. This includes assisting clients with small businesses, blended families, minor children, and LGBTQIA+ clients. Koral works hard to ensure that each plan is understandable and appropriate for her clients based on their individual needs.
Prior to joining Van Winkle, Koral practiced in Los Angeles, California, at boutique law firms specializing in commercial, antitrust, and unfair competition litigation. While earning her law degree, Koral served as Executive Editor for the Journal of Civil Rights and Social Justice and was selected as a Burks Scholar, an adjunct instructor for first-year legal research and writing.
Koral is licensed to practice in North Carolina and Florida.
- Charitable Gift Planning
- Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Trusts, Estates & Elder Law
- Florida State Courts, 2020
- North Carolina State Courts, 2017
- California State Courts (Inactive Status), 2012
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Washington & Lee University School of Law – Juris Doctor, 2012
- University of Florida – Bachelor of Arts, 2009
- Licensed in North Carolina
- Licensed in Florida
- Licensed in California (Inactive Status)
- Buncombe County Bar
- Henderson County Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section
- Land of Sky Estate Planning Council
- Rotary Club of Asheville South
- Executive Association of Greater Asheville
- Four Seasons Hospice
- Current Board Member
Originally from Florida, Koral attended the University of Florida before trading in the sunshine state for the mountains. Koral received her law degree from Washington & Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia where she met her husband, Ferrell. After practicing in Los Angeles for four years, Koral and her husband moved back to the Blue Ridge mountains and are happy to call Western North Carolina home. In her free time, Koral enjoys hiking, running, reading a wide variety of books, and spending time with her husband, Ferrell, and two daughters — all while trying to keep up with their Border Collie, Indiana Jones.