Larry Harris is a principal with The Van Winkle Law Firm, where he focuses his practice on guiding business clients through a comprehensive range of commercial law matters, including appropriate formation of business entities, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, employment issues, collections, and foreclosures. Since joining the firm in 1983, he has represented manufacturers in multi-million dollar sales requiring Hart-Scott-Rodino filings, a restaurant franchisee in selling ownership of more than 30 stores, and one of the largest regional petroleum product distributors in numerous acquisitions over a period of more than 25 years.
- University of North Carolina - B.A., 1976
- Campbell University - Juris Doctor, 1983
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina Bar Assocation
- North Carolina Bankers’ Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Asheville-Buncombe YMCA, Former Chairperson
- City of Asheville Civil Service Board, Former Chairperson
- Grace Episcopal Church
A native of Blowing Rock, N.C., Larry is married to LuAnn, with whom he has two children, Justin and Jordan. In his free time, he enjoys motorcycles, skiing, music, travel and sports.
- Favorite Music: Jazz
- Favorite Books: Biographies
- Favorite Place to Visit: The Caribbean