John Veazey focuses his principal on estate planning and administration. With a master’s of law degree in taxation, he meets clients’ legal needs and goals with tax-efficient strategies to help them protect and preserve their wealth, now and for future generations.
Prior to joining The Van Winkle Law Firm in 2008, Veazey served two years as a clerk for Justice Paul Newby with the North Carolina Supreme Court. He also served for two years on the staff of the North Carolina Law Review, including one year as an articles editor.
- New York University, Master’s of Law Degree in Taxation, 2013
- University of North Carolina, Juris Doctor, 2006
- University of North Carolina, Bachelor’s Degree, 2003
Awards and Honors
- Asheville “40 Under Forty,” Class of 2012
- 29th Judicial District Bar
- Henderson County Young Professionals
- Land of the Sky Estate Planning Council
- North Carolina State Bar
- Four Seasons – Compassion for Life
- Board Member, 2011 – Present
- Executive Committee Member, 2012 – Present
- Financial Development Committee Member, 2011 – 2012
- Hendersonville Symphony
- Board Member, 2013 – Present
- Community Foundation of Henderson County
- Member, Professional Advisors Council, 2011 – Present
- American Red Cross – Henderson County
- Board Member, 2009 – 2013
- Vice-Chair, 2011 – 2013
John is a third-generation resident of Hendersonville, N.C. He enjoys reading and watching and participating in a variety of sports, including basketball, football, tennis and golf. He and his wife, Lindsay, and daughter, Emmarie, attend Grace Community Church in Mills River.