John Veazey focuses his principal practice on estate planning and administration. Having earned board certification as a specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law from the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization and with a master’s of law degree in taxation, John meets his clients’ legal needs and goals with tax-efficient strategies to help them protect and preserve their wealth, now and for future generations.
John works with clients in all stages of life to ensure they have flexible plans designed to meet their needs now and throughout their lives. When needed he designs plans that include charitable trusts and gifts, insurance trusts, complex real transactions and plans that provide for the successful transition of business ownership and management.
Prior to joining The Van Winkle Law Firm in 2008, John served two years as a clerk for Justice Paul Newby with the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Awards & Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Asheville Area – Trusts and Estates
- Asheville “40 Under Forty,” Class of 2012
- New York University, Master’s of Law Degree in Taxation, 2013
- University of North Carolina, Juris Doctor with High Honors, 2006
- University of North Carolina, Bachelor’s Degree, 2003
- Henderson County Bar
- Henderson County Young Professionals
- Land of the Sky Estate Planning Council
- North Carolina State Bar
- Four Seasons – Compassion for Life
- Board Chair
- American Red Cross – Henderson County
- Past Board Member
- Past Vice-Chair
- Community Foundation of Henderson County
- Past Member, Professional Advisors Council
- Hendersonville Symphony
- Past Board Member
- Children and Family Resource Center
- Current Board Member
John is a third-generation resident of Hendersonville, N.C. He enjoys reading and watching and participating in a variety of sports, including basketball, football, tennis and golf. He and his wife, Lindsay, daughter, Emmarie, and son, RC, attend Grace Community Church in Mills River.