Become a Part of Our Firm’s Longstanding History of Legal Excellence
At The Van Winkle Law Firm, we believe in doing all that we can to help the individuals and families throughout Asheville, Charlotte, and Hendersonville. Our attorneys strive to raise the legal bar of excellence, and one way we do this is by recruiting well-qualified, hard-working individuals to join our family of professionals. With three office locations, our staff of attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants continues to grow as the needs of our clients grow as well. Throughout our 100+ years of service, we have earned a respectable reputation in the North Carolina legal community, and we are looking for individuals to help further strengthen that reputation.
Trusts and Estates Paralegal – Hendersonville, NC
The Van Winkle Law Firm is seeking a full-time Paralegal to join our Trusts & Estates practice in our Hendersonville, NC office. This position provides support in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Compensation is dependent on experience and skill set.
- Prepare forms for incoming and outgoing court papers and to document specific actions required for to complete estate and trust administrations
- Prepare accountings required for estate and trust administrations
- Prepare correspondence including routine pleadings, letters, memos, estate qualification and various other documents and forms
- Manage deed processing, transfer and funding of assets
- Preparation of deeds and related documents for the transfer or real property title
- Preparation of Estate and Gift Tax Returns
- Preparation of estate and trust income tax returns
- Maintain positive contact with clients and observe confidentiality of client matters.
- Demonstrating good judgment and professionalism, and exhibiting flexibility and versatility to provide support
- Demonstrating strong reasoning and resolution skills
Qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required, Paralegal certification or advanced skills or education is a plus
- Experience in trusts and estates is a plus
- Experience with accounting software and/or tax return preparation software is a plus
- Willingness to learn the practice and its systems
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service / client satisfaction aptitude including the ability to make a positive first impression at all times
- Technologically proficient with MS Office Products and electronic document management
- Friendly co-worker and team player
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Business Transactional Associate Attorney
Van Winkle, Buck, Wall, Starnes and Davis, P.A. is seeking a transactional business associate to join its Business Practice Group. Newly admitted attorneys, as well as those with 1-4 years’ experience are welcome to apply.
- The ideal candidate will have some relevant transactional experience (including entity selection and formation, contract drafting, mergers and acquisitions, and tax issues), as well as exceptional research and writing skills, the ability to interpret and analyze complex transactions, a desire to build and grow their practice with the firm, and the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
- We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- A JD from a top-tier ABA approved law school and admittance to the North Carolina Bar (or eligibility to waive in) are required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Business Transactional Associate Position” in the subject line. All inquiries and applications will be kept in confidence.