Katherine Fisher focuses her practice on family law, divorce, and the trial of matters concerning marital/ matrimonial issues. Prior to joining The Van Winkle Law Firm, Katherine spent several years in private practice as a family law attorney, and she also worked at Western North Carolina’s highly regarded non-profit legal-aid firm, Pisgah Legal Services, representing community members in a wide variety of matters.
Before graduating from the University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill in 2003, Katherine spent almost 10 years providing vocational training and education to blind and multi-sensory impaired individuals. After working in Texas and Mexico for nearly a decade, she returned to North Carolina for law school. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from UNC, Chapel Hill, which she received in 1992.
- University of North Carolina School of Law - Juris Doctor, 2003
- University of North Carolina - Bachelor's Degree in Pyschology, 1992
- Member of the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Family Law Bench/Bar Liaison for the 28th Judicial District Bar
- At-Large Member of the 28th Judicial District Bar Executive Committee
- Board Member of 103.3 Asheville FM (Learn more here.)
- Board Member of Open Path Psychotherapy Collective