David Carter joined The Van Winkle Law Firm in 2012 to counsel and navigate businesses and individuals through the complexity of intellectual property law. With a concentration in patents, trademarks and copyright laws, Carter is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. A highlight of his career was licensing a patent which he obtained for a client to over thirty companies in the telecommunications industry.
- George Washington University
- Juris Doctor, 1972
- Western Kentucky University
- Bachelor’s Degree, 1968
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- The Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association, Secretary
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
David is originally from Kentucky and now resides in Asheville, N.C. with his wife Suzy. In his spare time, David enjoys playing tennis, golfing and taking trips to the beach.