North Carolina Estate Planning Lawyer
Our Trusts, Estates & Elder Law attorneys counsel clients in the development and implementation of innovative, customized estate plans to preserve, protect and pass on their wealth and to address the unpredictability of living a longer, healthier life. Throughout the process, our lawyers work diligently to minimize probate, estate, gift, income and business taxes and other administrative expenses. Each of our plans ensure that steps are in place to allow for supported or surrogate decision making when necessary.
Our lawyers work with estate planning clients to ensure all assets — including real estate, businesses, IRAs, qualified retirement plans, stock options, securities, annuities and life insurance — are properly integrated into their estate plans. Our attorneys likewise answer any questions regarding the estate planning process. The Van Winkle Law Firm also develops and implements plans for clients with special family concerns such as second marriages or beneficiaries who are minors, have special needs or are unable to manage assets ina responsible manner.
Types of Services
- Drafting Wills, Trusts, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney and Other Planning Documents
- Formation of Revocable, Irrevocable and Charitable Trusts
- Creation of Generation-Skipping Bequests
- Advising of Executors, Administrators, Trustees and Guardians of future and current roles
- Development of Premarital Agreements