The Van Winkle Law Firm is proud to announce that 19 of our attorneys have been included in the 23rd edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, which has been called “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice” by Corporate Counsel magazine. This list is compiled after an exhaustive peer-review evaluation of eligible lawyers.
Please join us in congratulating the following attorneys on their inclusion in this year’s list (the year next to each name indicates when each attorney was first listed):
- Adam L. Shealy (2011): Trusts and estates
- Albert L. Sneed, Jr. (1991): Bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law; commercial litigation
- Allan R. Tarleton (2011): Medical malpractice law – defendants; workers’ compensation law – employers
- Barry B. Kempson (1989): Trusts and estates, retired
- Carolyn Coward (2016): Corporate compliance law
- Craig D. Justus (2008): Land use and zoning law; litigation – land use and zoning
- Dale A. Curriden (2013): Commercial litigation; personal injury litigation – defendants; professional malpractice law – defendants
- David M. Wilkerson (2016): Litigation – patent
- Esther E. Manheimer (2015): Appellate practice; litigation – land use and zoning; litigation – real estate
- James Baley (2016): Trusts and estates
- John G. Kelso (2011): Trusts and estates
- Jones P. Byrd, Sr. (2005): Construction law; eminent domain and condemnation law; litigation – real estate; medical malpractice law – plaintiffs; personal injury litigation – plaintiffs
- Larry C. Harris, Jr. (2013): Business organizations (including LLCs and partnerships); commercial transactions/UCC law; corporate law; mergers and acquisitions law
- Larry S. McDevitt (2003): Commercial litigation; litigation – patent; medical malpractice law – defendants; medical malpractice law – plaintiffs; personal injury litigation – plaintiffs
- Mark A. Pinkston (2011): Bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law; litigation – bankruptcy; mortgage banking foreclosure law
- Phillip J. Smith (1993): Commercial litigation; construction law; litigation – construction
- Robert H. Haggard (2001): Trusts and estates
- Stephen J. Grabenstein (2011): Commercial litigation; litigation – trusts and estates; trusts and estates
- W. Carleton Metcalf (2016): Litigation – banking and finance
Since its first publication in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. To date, Best Lawyers® has received more than 13 million votes reflecting the legal abilities of outstanding attorneys in various areas of practice all over the world. More than 83,000 leading attorneys around the globe are eligible to cast their vote. The 2017 list analyzed 7.3 million votes, resulting in the inclusion of more than 55,000 leading attorneys. Inclusion cannot be purchased, making inclusion in this list a distinct honor.
The Van Winkle Law Firm has provided exceptional legal representation to clients in North Carolina for more than a century. Because of the diversity of talent among our seasoned attorneys, we can assist with a wide variety of legal matters, including commercial and business litigation, estate planning, and personal legal matters. Our firm is one of the largest law firms in the state, with locations in Asheville, Charlotte, and Hendersonville. Please contact us to schedule a case evaluation with a member of our team.