William Heedy, a principal at our firm, is a registered patent attorney having experience in all matters related to U.S. and foreign patent preparation and prosecution, trademarks and copyrights. William is available to assist in matters relating to licensing, handling cease and desist disputes for patents and trademarks, and analyzing patent portfolios including due diligence for patent portfolio acquisitions. William is also a member of The Van Winkle Law Firm’s Litigation practice where he focuses on matters relating to intellectual property.
Prior to joining the firm in 2014, he practiced intellectual property law for a firm in South Florida.
- Clemson University - B.S. (Biosystems Engineering), 2006
- Wake Forest University School of Law - Juris Doctor, 2010
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- North Carolina State Bar
- Florida State Bar
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Growing up in Atlanta, Ga., William frequently traveled to Asheville, N.C., to visit his grandparents. Today, he enjoys hiking and spending time with his dogs, Lukin and Banks. As a life-long fan of the Chicago Cubs, he plans to cheer on the team at Wrigley Field if and when the "Cubbies" make it to the World Series again.
- Favorite Food: Chipotle
- Favorite Book: “Moneyball”
- Favorite Music: Pearl Jam, Radiohead and The National
- Favorite Vacation: Summer trips to Chicago