Employment & Workplace Compliance Lawyers
The Van Winkle Law Firm works primarily with employers ranging from small, family-owned entities to large multi-national corporations to comply with federal, state and industry-specific employment laws. The Van Winkle Team also advises local governments as they navigate workplace issues and resolve conflicts.
At the core of our services is a team of highly skilled lawyers with deep knowledge of a range of workplace issues and a singular commitment to deliver proactive counsel focused on resolution of often sensitive matters. In addition to earning the highest rating by Martindale-Hubbell® and recognition among our peers, including inclusion in Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite for Employment Law, our team includes the only defense attorney in Western North Carolina certified in workers’ compensation by the North Carolina State Bar.
Areas of Focus
Employee Handbooks and Policy Guidance;
- Executive Employment Agreements;
- Professional Corporation Formation, Dissolution and Mergers;
- Separation and Severance Agreements;
- Benefit Plan Creation;
- Sexual Harassment, Embezzlement and other Workplace Investigations;
- Workplace Violence Awareness and Prevention; and
- Regulatory Compliance with the ADA, FMLA, FLSA, ERISA, OSHA, WARN and other less common State and Federal Regulations.
Employment and Workplace Litigation
Throughout our firm’s history, we have successfully represented clients in defending against claims arising out of the workplace. These matters range from local administrative claims to defending against FBI investigations. In addition to defending state and federal litigation, the Van Winkle Team has decades of experience defending EEOC and DOL investigations and litigation. We have also successfully assisted clients to negotiate resolutions to emotionally charged incidents of workplace violence without litigation or governmental involvement.
Areas of Focus
- Litigation in State and Federal Courts;
- OSHA, EEOC and DOL Investigations;
- Workplace Investigations and Workplace Violence Incident Response;
- Third-Party Liability Litigation;
- Discrimination, Wage & Hour, Benefit, Safety and other workplace claims; and
- Workers’ Compensation Defense and Prosecution.