Ryan Coffield is a member of The Van Winkle Law Firm’s Business Practice,
where he works with small and mid-size businesses on all phases of corporate
life, including entity choice, formation, ongoing operations, reorganizations
and owner transition strategies. Coffield’s expertise in the areas
of corporate and non-profit taxation allows him to provide a valuable,
unique perspective on his clients’ legal issues.
Prior to joining the firm in 2013, Coffield worked as a general practitioner
in the Triangle.
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Membership Committee Co-chair
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
Awards and Recognition
- Biltmore Beacon “40 Under Forty,” Class of 2014
- North Carolina Bar Association, Co-Chairperson and Planner “2014
Basics of Business Law”
- North Carolina Bar Association, Co-Chairperson and Planner "2017 CBA
Business Law Section and International Law Section Annual Meeting"
- Business North Carolina Magazine, 2017 Legal Elite
- 2016 Tax Law Update, NC Bar Association Business Law Institute (Feb 2016)
- Unemployment Tax: Duke Certificate in Nonprofit Management Program, Employment
- Keeping It Legal: The In and Outs of Non-Profit Law – The Western
North Carolina Association of Fundraising Professionals, Philanthropy
- Nonprofit Organizations: An Introduction for New Practitioners –
The NCBA Basics of Business Law CLE (2014)
A North Carolina native, Ryan grew up in southeast Charlotte and lived
in the Triangle for several years before making Asheville his home. Ryan
is married to Jessica Coffield, with whom he has a lanky dog named Charlie.
In his free time, Ryan enjoys playing Ultimate Frisbee, bouldering, pulling
for the Charlotte Hornets and running.
Favorite Food: Anything from Calabash, NC
Favorite Book: “The Brothers Karamazov” and “The Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball