Bankruptcy Attorneys For Creditors in Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee
The Van Winkle Law Firm’s bankruptcy lawyers represent lenders and other creditors, trustees, and unsecured creditors' committees in Chapter 7, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and related litigation. We recognize that banks, credit unions, auto finance companies, and other creditors who routinely deal with bankruptcy need to be able to protect their interests in routine matters as quickly and efficiently as possible. We negotiate whenever possible to get to the optimal solution for the least cost. At the same time, our attorneys have the experience necessary to recognize and aggressively pursue abusive filings, nondischargeable debts, fraud, and voidable transfers in appropriate cases.
For small businesses, landlords, and individuals who unexpectedly find themselves named as creditors in bankruptcies, we take the time to explain the complex, risky, and sometimes counter-intuitive world that is bankruptcy. Our clients are often surprised at what we can do for them with savvy use of the bankruptcy code.
Types of Services
- Bankruptcy filing review and assessment
- Claim filing / Proofs of claim
- Pursuit, recovery, and sale of collateral
- Motions for relief from the automatic stay
- Objection to bankruptcy plans
- Defense of preference claims
- Defense of claims alleging automatic stay violations and other creditor abuses.
- 20-day goods claims / reclamation
- Discovery for fraud, abuse, voidable transfers, and concealed assets
- Adversary litigation to pursue non-dischargeable debts, fraud, and transferred and concealed assets