Because many of our lawyers hold master’s degrees in taxation, The Van Winkle Law Firm is considered one of the region’s leading tax law practices. Our team of professionals counsel clients on a range of issues, helping them to navigate the boundaries of ever-changing local, state and federal laws and developing tax-efficient strategies that align with their personal and business goals. Our skills and experience has enabled us to successfully represent clients before all levels of the tax court.
We take the time to understand clients’ business and the industries in which they operate to address the tax consequences of their organizational structures and transactions. On a personal level, we carefully develop and execute sophisticated estate plans, oversee fiduciary responsibilities and review tax returns with an eye on minimizing clients’ tax liabilities.
Types of Services
- Advisement on Tax Consequences of Business Structure and Operations
- Application of Tax-Exempt Status
- Defense against Tax Liens
- Preparation of Business, Fiduciary and Personal Tax Returns
- Representation in Administrative Hearings and before the Tax Court