Martin E. Moore is an associate in the firm’s litigation practice group, where he focuses on commercial disputes, construction and professional design, employment and workplace law and toxic torts. Prior to joining The Van Winkle Law Firm, Martin worked locally in criminal defense and juvenile advocacy, gaining significant trial experience. Martin obtained his B.A. in Political Science and Philosophy from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010 and his J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 2013. He originally hails from Maryland.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, - B.A. (Political Science & Philosophy), 2010
- University of North Carolina School of Law - Juris Doctor, 2013
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Chair - Buncombe County Board of Adjustment
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors - OpenDoors of Asheville
- Volunteer Judge – Buncombe County Teen Court
- President – Young Lawyers Division, 28th Judicial District Bar
A Maryland native, Martin made Asheville his home in 2015. He has enjoyed serving as a guest lecturer at local events, UNC Asheville, and the UNC School of Government. In his spare time, Martin volunteers in the community, plays music, and remains a loyal Tar Heel basketball fan.