Lynn Dee Moffa concentrates her practice in civil litigation and appeals in both state and federal court. Her broad-based litigation experience has involved representation of clients in commercial matters, including construction, insurance defense, breach of contract, antitrust, class action, and product liability. She has also defended the federal government in civil litigation pertaining to employment discrimination, torts, federal programs, tax protests and habeas corpus. Engaged in all aspects of the litigation processes, from discovery to trial, Moffa has performed complex legal analysis and high-caliber written work-product in cases that included the defense of a former presidential aide subpoena for testimony and the representation of a special corporate committee organized to make recommendations concerning allegations of illegal stock option back-dating.
Prior to joining the The Van Winkle Law Firm in 2011, Moffa was an assistant U.S. attorney in the Civil Division of the Northern District of Georgia. Before that, she was a lawyer in the Atlanta and Chicago offices of national firms.
- North Carolina State Bar
- Georgia State Bar
- Illinois State Bar
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Western District of North Carolina
- Northern District of Georgia
- Northern District of Indiana
- Northern District of Illinois
Learn More About Lynn Dee Moffa
- Defended the federal government in civil litigation covering a wide spectrum of practice areas including employment discrimination, torts, federal programs, tax protests and habeas corpus cases.
- Practiced in broad-based litigation involving the representation of a wide range of clients in commercial, insurance defense, breach of contract, antitrust, class action, and product liability and construction law matters.
- Performed complex legal analysis and high-caliber written work-product in cases as wide and varied as the defense of a former presidential aide against congressional attempts to subpoena her testimony and the representation of a special corporate committee organized to report and make recommendations concerning allegations of illegal stock option backdating.
- Primary draftsman on numerous appellate briefs, summary judgment briefs and trial court motions.
- Drafted numerous appellate briefs and motions for summary judgment involving issues under class action law, commercial law, commodities law, TILA, tort law and telecommunications law.
- Engaged in all aspects of federal and state court discovery, motions and pleadings and trial practice in areas including contracts, UCC, banking, lender liability, fraud, RICO, trademark infringement, commodities law, accountant malpractice, non-compete clauses, distributorship agreements, business torts, real estate litigation, securities law, jurisdictional law and constitutional law.
Favorite Films: “ Sideways”, “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”, “My Cousin Vinny”, “Dan in Real Life” and “Big Fat Liar”
Favorite Food: Pasta
Favorite Music: Sheryl Crow, John Mellencamp and the Avett Brothers
- Asheville Civil Service Board
- Basilica of Saint Lawrence