Dale Curriden is a principal and seasoned civil litigator with The Van Winkle Law Firm. Since joining the firm in 1997, he has successfully defended physicians and medical practices against claims of negligence and professional malpractice and represented clients’ interests in matters concerning personal injury, wrongful death, property damage, workplace accidents and insurance coverage disputes.
Fluent in Spanish, Curriden brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to North Carolina’s Hispanic residents.
- 28th Judicial District Bar, Pro Bono Committee, Past Chairperson
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Harry C. Martin American Inns of Court
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America
- North Carolina Super Lawyers
Learn More About Dale A. Curriden
- Successfully defended an emergency room physician accused of negligence after the death of a 19-year-old patient suffering from an asthma attack.
- Won a defense verdict in favor of a cardiothoracic surgeon accused of negligence following a coronary artery bypass surgery. After admitting the bypass graft was attached to the wrong vessel, the defense successfully argued there was no negligence due to the plaintiff’s abnormal coronary anatomy.
- Won a defense verdict in favor of multiple physicians and an academic medical center in a $24 million birth injury case.
- Won a defense verdict in favor of an OB/GYN surgeon accused of negligence after a patient suffered bilateral ligation of her ureters during a hysterectomy.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a local family practice physician who allegedly failed to diagnose ovarian cancer.
- Won defense verdicts in separate trials of two chiropractors accused of negligence and causing vertebral artery dissections and resulting strokes following manipulation of the cervical spine.
A native of Everett, Wash., Dale spent his college summers working as a commercial salmon fisherman in Alaska. He has also worked as a White House intern and served as a missionary in Peru. Along with his family, Dale enjoys spending time outdoors snow skiing, hiking and golfing.
Favorite Food: Anything Peruvian
Favorite Musician: Bruce Springsteen (the early years)
Favorite Book: “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee
Favorite Movie: “ All the President’s Men”
Guilty Pleasure: Chocolate-chip cookies
- Boy Scouts of America, Daniel Boone Council, Troop 21, Fundraising Director
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Bishop
- Long Shoals Homeowners Association, Former Secretary