In appropriate circumstances, The Van Winkle Law Firm works with clients to modify or terminate irrevocable trusts. Beneficiaries and trustees of an irrevocable trust often find the existing terms and conditions are not achieving the intended goals when the trust was created due to changed circumstances, drafting errors or other economic reasons. With experience in North Carolina and other states' laws, our team works with both beneficiaries and trustees of trusts to analyze and assess whether modification or termination of an irrevocable trust is appropriate. Our group brings a team approach to ensure that the beneficiaries truly benefit from the trust while honoring the intent of those who created the trust.
Types of Services
- Modification of Irrevocable Trusts
- Termination of Irrevocable Trusts
- Modification of a trust to provide for a special needs trust for remainder beneficiary.
- Modification of a trust to allow greater flexibility for appointment of successor trustees.
- Modification of a trust to correct a drafting error.
- Termination of a trust where fees and expenses were eroding the value of distributions to beneficiaries.