The Van Winkle Law Firm works closely with the executors, trustees and beneficiaries of our clients' estates. By advising these individuals on the complexities of administration, duties and personal liability imposed by law, our attorneys help ensure estates are managed in an efficient and effective manner during and after their transfer.
Types of Services
- Drafting Wills, Trusts, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney and Other Planning Documents
- Formation of Living, Irrevocable and Charitable Trusts
- Preparation of Powers of Attorney
- Creation of Generation-Skipping Bequests
- Advising of Executors, Administrators, Trustees and Guardians
- Development of Premarital Agreements
- Post-Mortem Planning
- Accepted designation as attorney-in-fact and successor trustee for married couple with no children. Both clients became incapacitated within months of each other, requiring activation of powers of attorney and successor trusteeship. Arranged and managed caregivers in the home until skilled-care setting became best option. Arranged for selection and distribution of household items among multiple family members when home had to be given up. Supervised care in skilled care facility and maintained contact with family members. Managed several million dollars in assets with investment counselor.
- Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association
- Board of Regents of the American College of Trusts and Estates Council