Every year, Americans give billions of dollars to charities, often without fully understanding the significant tax benefits that can strengthen their own finances. The Van Winkle Law Firm guides individuals in developing and implementing creative planned-giving strategies that help both donor and recipient. Our comprehensive charitable giving strategies can increase savings by reducing income taxes and minimizing, or even eliminating, estate and capital gains taxes. Certain trusts can even increase retirement income. Our attorneys guide clients in determining the best plan to support their charitable cause. When setting up private foundations, our firm collaborates with other practice groups to provide business planning, taxation and administrative law support.
Types of Services
- Incorporation of Charitable Non-Profit Organizations
- Development of Private and Community Foundations
- Charitable Remainder and Lead Trusts
- Charitable Gifts and Bequests
- Donor Advised Funds
- Ongoing Management and Advising