The Van Winkle Law Firm's Bankruptcy team guides lenders, unsecured creditor committees and individual and corporate debtors through state and federal insolvency rules, regulations, filings and trials and regularly represents creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 proceedings. Prior to filing, our firm assists debtors in determining whether bankruptcy is the best option for relieving debts with an end goal of minimizing loss. The firm educates clients on the short and long-term consequences of filing, working with the firm’s other attorneys to ensure better management of personal and business assets in the future.
For lenders, the Bankruptcy team works closely with the Creditors’ Rights & Collection team to minimize disruption during the claims process. Our attorneys advise clients about their rights, particularly as they apply to the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, and represent them in all proceedings. From the start, our firm works diligently to resolve all debtor issues in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
Types of Services
- Chapter 7, 11, and 13 Filings
- Corporate Liquidation and Reorganization
- Pursuit, Seizure and Sale of Collateral
- Foreclosure Proceedings
- Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention
- Investigation of Bankruptcy Fraud
- Filing Creditors’ Proofs of Claim
- Enforcement of Fraudulent Transfer Laws
- Discharging Income Tax Liabilities
- Usurpation of Corporate Funds
- Relief from Automatic Stay