The Van Winkle Law Firm's Health Care team address the diverse challenges facing single and multi-physician practices, hospitals, multi-facility institutions and academic medical centers. Our team represents practitioners and health care facilities in a variety of operational, transactional and regulatory issues, regularly pairing attorneys from other practice areas, such as Labor and Employment, Insurance Claims and Disputes, Litigation and Creditors’ Rights and Collection.
Types of Services
- Insurance Disputes
- Medicare/Medicaid Reimbursement
- Administrative Representation
- Malpractice Defense
- Risk Management
- Peer Review
- Tax Protection
- Medicare/Medicaid Certification
- HIPAA Compliance
- Fraud and Abuse
- Employment Matters (ranging from policy issues and EEOC investigations to in-house training and litigation)
- Successfully defended hospital at trial from medical negligence claim arising out of post-operative procedures following gall-bladder surgery.
- Successfully defended at trial a cardiothoracic surgeon accused of medical malpractice following coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Unwound two major medical practices and successfully negotiated terms without litigation and without disrupting business.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (N.C. Chapter)
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys