Many businesses change ownership through mergers while others are sold via asset sales. The Van Winkle Law Firm offers a full range of expertise to help business owners and purchasers accomplish their goals. Our team assists businesses in the process of acquisition by national and international firms and it has helped regional businesses merge in order to meet competition. Our attorneys advise on both sides of the acquisition process, serving private firms and publicly traded companies.
Types of Services
- Initial Negotiation
- Letters of Intent
- Due Diligence
- Contracts of Purchase and Sale
- Hart/Scott/Rodino Filings
- Post-Closing Activities
- Represented a petroleum product distributor in numerous acquisitions over a period of more than 20 years resulting in becoming one of the area’s largest distributors.
- Represented a heavy equipment manufacturer in a multi-million dollar sale of dealership requiring Hart-Scott-Rodino filings.
- Represented a national company transferring all of its company-owned stores.
- Represented a national company in multiple regional acqusitions within its industry.
- Represented a local company in the sale of a regulated division.
- Represented various local companies in asset sales.
- Represented physician practices and other health care providers in acquisition transactions.