Lindsay Parris Thompson
Lindsay joined The Van Winkle Law Firm’s Land Use group in 2008 focusing her practice on commercial real estate, land use and property owner associations. During law school, she was the property teaching scholar and a legal writing scholar as well as a research assistant for two professors. She is admitted to practice in the North Carolina State Courts, the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina and the Tribal Courts of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians.
- Represents developers and other landowners in commercial acquisitions, leases, zoning matters and real property disputes.
- Provides legal support to property owner associations with regard to corporate governance issues, covenant amendments and enforcements and collection matters.
- Speaker, "Collection of Assessments," Property Owners Association Seminar, Fall 2009
- 28th Judicial District Bar
North Carolina State Bar
- Real Property Section
- American Bar Association
- 40 Under Forty, Class of 2012
Direct line: (828) 258-2991
Fax: (828) 257-2773
J.D., cum laude, 2008
University of North Carolina
B.A. in English and American History
with Distinction, 2005
Lindsay is a native of Lenoir, North Carolina. In her spare time, she enjoys horseback riding, Tarheel basketball and cooking.
Asian, Indian and Southern homestyle
Animal Dreams, The Secret Life of Bees, The Bean Trees
Any local bluegrass bands and classic rock
Favorite Places Visited
Budapest, Berlin, Charleston and Sedona
Watching Food Network and HGTV
Asheville Parks and Greenway Foundation
- Board Member, 2008 - 2011
- Executive Committee, 2009 - 2011
Downtown Master Plan Action Committee
- Urban Design Subcommittee, 2009 - 2010
Biltmore Baptist Church
- Board Member, 2012 - 2013
- Fund Development Committee Member, 2012 - 2013
- Leadership Asheville 29
Young Professionals of Asheville