Kristen Rigsby Smith
Kristen is a member of the Business and Creditors’ Rights Practice Groups. She represents banks and other creditors in collection actions, claim and delivery actions and foreclosure actions statewide. Her practice also includes general legal matters, representing taxing authorities, civil litigation, landlord/ tenant issues, title claims, loan workouts, modifications and lien filings.
While in law school, Kristen worked as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) and she received the Dean’s Pro Bono Service Award for her extensive community service work.
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
United States District Court
- Western District of North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Cherokee Supreme Court, Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
Direct line: (828) 258-2991
Fax: (828) 255-0255
University of Memphis
University of Tennessee
B.S. in Business, 2001
A native of Cowan, Tennessee, Kristen and her husband relocated to North Carolina in June 2006. They have a daughter and two dogs, Mac and Luna. Kristen's hobbies include photography, sewing, camping, attending music festivals, trying new recipes and crafty projects.
Fresh fruits and veggies
Ben Harper, Emmylou Harris and Buddy Miller
Favorite Places to Travel
Shepp’s Ranch, Idaho and Kauai, Hawaii
- Member of the Legal Studies Advisory Committee
- Repeat donor to Locks of Love