Looking for a Job Opportunity at The Van Winkle Law Firm?
Become a Part of Our Firm’s Longstanding History of Legal Excellence
The Van Winkle Law Firm, we believe in doing all that we can to help the individuals and families
throughout Asheville, Charlotte, and Hendersonville. Our attorneys strive
to raise the legal bar of excellence, and one way we do this is by recruiting
well-qualified, hard-working individuals to join our family of professionals.
With three office locations, our staff of attorneys, paralegals, and legal
assistants continues to grow as the needs of our clients grow as well.
Throughout our 100+ years of service, we have earned a respectable reputation
in the North Carolina legal community, and we are looking for individuals
to help further strengthen that reputation.
Legal Administrative Assistant– Asheville, NC
The Van Winkle Law Firm is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to
join our Creditors Rights Practice in our Asheville, NC office. This position
provides support in a fast paced, dynamic environment. The successful
candidate will be self-motivated with a hands-on, positive, "can-do"
approach. This position holds the possibility for advancement based on
performance and fit with the Practice. Compensation is dependent on experience
and skill set.
- Managing traditional administrative needs of the legal team including multiple
attorneys and staff
- Managing daily workflow including scheduling appointments, maintaining
calendars, and being a helpful resource to the team
- Proactively ensuring the legal team has adequate support
- Preparing confidential documents and correspondence
- Demonstrating good judgment and professionalism, and exhibiting flexibility
and versatility to provide support
- Demonstrating strong reasoning and resolution skills
- Performing special projects as required to increase the professional effectiveness
and efficiency of the legal team
Qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required, advanced skills
or education is a plus
- Willingness to learn the Practice and it’s systems
- Experience in Creditors Rights and/or Litigation is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication
skills, and proficient word processing skills
- A self-starter who takes initiative, anticipates next steps and has high energy
- Ability to work well independently, make decisions, facilitate and manage deadlines
- Exceptional flexibility and strong prioritization skills and the capability
to adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide
range of individuals
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to
We frequently post about any job availabilities we are looking to fill,
so be sure to check back for updates!