Looking for a Job Opportunity at The Van Winkle Law Firm?
Become a Part of Our Firm’s Longstanding History of Legal Excellence
The Van Winkle Law Firm, we believe in doing all that we can to help the individuals and families
throughout Asheville, Charlotte, and Hendersonville. Our attorneys strive
to raise the legal bar of excellence, and one way we do this is by recruiting
well-qualified, hard-working individuals to join our family of professionals.
With three office locations, our staff of attorneys, paralegals, and legal
assistants continues to grow as the needs of our clients grow as well.
Throughout our 100+ years of service, we have earned a respectable reputation
in the North Carolina legal community, and we are looking for individuals
to help further strengthen that reputation.
Current Open Positions:
Part Time Legal Assistant– Asheville, NC
The Van Winkle Law Firm is seeking a part-time Legal Assistant to join
our litigation practice in our Asheville, NC office. This position provides
support in a fast paced, dynamic environment. The successful candidate
will be self-motivated with a hands-on, positive, "can-do" approach.
Compensation ranges from $16- $19 hourly and is dependent on experience
and skill set. This position is part time (20 hours per week).
- Preparing correspondence
- Drafting, organizing and filing documents
- File management including opening and closing files
- Assisting supervising attorney with business development initiatives
- Managing daily workflow including scheduling appointments, maintaining
calendars, and being a helpful resource to the team
- Demonstrating good judgment and professionalism, and exhibiting flexibility
and versatility to provide support
- Demonstrating strong reasoning and resolution skills
Qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required, advanced skills
or education is a plus
- Willingness to learn the practice and its systems
- Experience in commercial litigation is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication
skills, and proficient word processing skills
- Ability to work well independently and manage deadlines
- Exceptional flexibility and strong prioritization skills and the capability
to adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide
range of individuals
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to