Looking for a Job Opportunity at The Van Winkle Law Firm?
Become a Part of Our Firm’s Longstanding History of Legal Excellence
The Van Winkle Law Firm, we believe in doing all that we can to help the individuals and families
throughout Asheville, Charlotte, and Hendersonville. Our attorneys strive
to raise the legal bar of excellence, and one way we do this is by recruiting
well-qualified, hard-working individuals to join our family of professionals.
With three office locations, our staff of attorneys, paralegals, and legal
assistants continues to grow as the needs of our clients grow as well.
Throughout our 100+ years of service, we have earned a respectable reputation
in the North Carolina legal community, and we are looking for individuals
to help further strengthen that reputation.
Legal Assistant– Asheville, NC
The Van Winkle Law Firm is seeking a part-time Legal Assistant to join
our real estate practice in our Asheville, NC office. This position provides
support in a fast paced, dynamic environment. The successful candidate
will be self-motivated with a hands-on, positive, "can-do" approach.
Compensation is dependent on experience and skill set. The position is
part time (16-20 hours per week).
- Serving as liaison between firm, clients, real estate offices, lending
institutions, insurance agencies, developers, surveyors and other parties
- Preparing closing paperwork
- Handling Post-closing activities including mailings and correspondence
- Handling File Opening and Closing
- Managing traditional administrative needs of the legal team including multiple
attorneys and staff
- Managing daily workflow including scheduling appointments, maintaining
calendars, and being a helpful resource to the team
- Demonstrating good judgment and professionalism, and exhibiting flexibility
and versatility to provide support
- Demonstrating strong reasoning and resolution skills
Qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required, advanced skills
or education is a plus
- Willingness to learn the Practice and its systems
- Experience in Real Estate is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication
skills, and proficient word processing skills
- Ability to work well independently and manage deadlines
- Exceptional flexibility and strong prioritization skills and the capability
to adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide
range of individuals
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to