The Van Winkle Law Firm’s bankruptcy lawyers represent lenders, creditors,
unsecured creditor committees and individual and corporate debtors through
state and federal insolvency rules in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 proceedings.
We recognize the complexity of the bankruptcy proceedings and commit to
counseling clients through every step of the process, while working diligently
to resolve all debtor issues in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
Often, this includes helping debtors determine whether bankruptcy is the
best option for relieving their debts and minimizing their losses. We
explain the short and long-term consequences of filing and work with the
firm’s other lawyers to ensure clients better manage their personal
and business assets in the future.
For lenders, we work closely with our team of creditors’ rights and
& collection lawyers to minimize disruptions during the claims process
and advise clients about their rights, particularly as they apply to the
Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005.
Types of Services
- Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention Counseling
- Chapter 7, 11 and 13 Filings
- Corporate Liquidation and Reorganization
- Creditors’ Proofs of Claim Filings
- Discharges of Income Tax Liabilities
- Enforcement of Fraudulent Transfer Laws
- Foreclosure Proceedings
- Investigation of Bankruptcy Fraud
- Pursuit, Seizure and Sale of Collateral
- Relief from Automatic Stay
- Usurpation of Corporate Funds